Thursday, February 21, 2008

Trash the Dress

It's been a while!

Well I have been thinking about something that is so cool. Its called a "trash the dress" session. Basically what it means is that, after you've gotten married, it really doesn't matter how long after, you get all dressed up in your fabulous dress that you will probably never have an occasion to wear again, and you do a photo-shoot without worrying whether or not you are getting your wedding dress dirty. Trapsing through a field of wild-flowers, a romantic and old looking forest, you wade into the sparkling waters of Lake Michigan, lay sexily along the sandy North-Shore beaches of Chicago... whatever setting you want!

The whole point is to get fabulous photographs that you will love forever, and that are different and full of fashion-flare! Now I know... the idea of ruining that beautiful dress that you spent so much money on is a little bit overwhelming. I got married about six and a half months ago myself, so I can relate. I LOVE my dress! But really... are we ever going to get to wear them again? And if you aren't planning on selling them... why not get one last fabulous Hurah out of them!?

So... the moral of this story is... would you be interested in trashing your dress? It doesn't matter if you've already gotten married and used another photographer, or if you have just gotten engaged and your wedding is a year away... think about it ladies! Let me know if you're interested! =)

2 comments:

Rick Tuma said...

What a great idea, Copper, almost makes me wish I owned a wedding dress! I hope others love the idea as much as I do.

Copper Siegel said...

Well I wish I could say that I came up with that concept, but I cannot claim it.
It sure is fun though. =)