Sunday, February 10, 2008

I did it!

Ok, to preface what I am about to write, I do enjoy cooking but approach it with a certain amount of trepidation. Nick and I are almost never home for dinner at the same time, so I rarely feel like cooking an elaborate dinner for myself. It just isn't worth it to me. Too many dishes to clean later. lol

BUT tonight... oh tonight, Nick and I had the Beerys over for dinner. Todd is the pastor at IHOP Chicago, and Julieann is his lovely wife. Nick and I have a special relationship with them. During the internship when Nick and I met, their home was our second home. In fact, I basically lived there for half of each and every week of our internship because the drive was so long for me. And Nick did actually live there for a couple of weeks in between apartments. At any rate, we had them over for dinner, and I wanted to cook something special for them. After all, they have fed Nick and I a bajillion times.

So I cooked steaks! I have never cooked steaks! I was nervous. I wanted everything to be perfect.

I made cheesey scalloped potatoes, asparagus, and steak with a mushroom-red-wine sauce. My heart pitter-pattered within me as I sauteed, baked, and steamed my way through dinner preparation. The first bite would be the moment of truth.

*drumroll please!*

It was PERFECT!!!!!!!

Yay!!! My first real fancy-ish dinner was a total success!

I just had to celebrate and say, if anyone really needs some dinner, let me know. I'll cook for you! lol.

Pretty soon I'll be giving Rachel Ray a run for her money!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am afraid to cook... but i am determined to one day... cook SALMON! Fish scares me even more than steak, and the idea of cooking steak sends shivers down my spine. So congratulations!

Oh yeah, I have a blog now too:
http://doffodilsandcowboyboots.blogspot.com/